Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125) is part of the Emerging Technology series of courses from Red Hat Training. This course is designed for cloud storage administrators who want to deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage in their production environment as well as their OpenStack environment.
This course is intended for storage administrators, cloud operators, and cloud developers who want to learn about deploy and manage Ceph Storage and Integrate with enterprise datacenter or within a Red Hat OpenStack Platform environment.
Course content summary:
- Deploying and managing a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster on commodity servers using Ansible.
- Creating, expanding, and controlling access to storage pools provided by the Ceph cluster.
- Configure Ceph to provide object storage for clients by using a RADOS gateway (RADOSGW or RGW).
- Configure Ceph to provide file storage for clients using the Ceph Filesystem (CephFS).
- Adjust the CRUSH map—which controls how data is stored, replicated, and distributed across OSDs in the Ceph cluster—in order to optimize resiliency and performance.
- Accessing Red Hat Ceph Storage from clients using object, block, and file-based methods.
- Analyzing and tuning Red Hat Ceph Storage performance.
- Integrating OpenStack image, object, block, and file storage with a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster.